Bit of a belated post, but over the first two weeks of April I competed in the 2012 Scripting Games. Overall, it was a pretty fun little competition which provided a nice challenge and education in Powershell scripting from an impressive cast of judges. At the end of the judging I was reasonably happy with my results, achieving and average of 4 stars across the ten advanced events.
A few weeks ago I was tasked with babyitting duties on an SCCM environment whilst the regular guy is away. After a few days of logging in and checking site statuses and backups, I decided that it was time to script the task. The challenge of the task being that SCCM 2007 is one of the few products that Microsoft has released lately that doesn't include Powershell integration.
Another well overdue blog post, I have been busy studying to update to VCP5 (which I successfully passed a few weeks ago now).
I was recently lumped with the task of verifying iLO ports across our fleet of HP servers. This involved several mind-numbingly tedious tasks, perfect for some Powershell love. The idea was pretty simple: take a list of servers, verify that they were still in production use, and then verify if iLO is working on them.
Working with the idea of working smarter, not harder, I decided that those few minutes each morning checking the SCOM Console could be replaced with an email, much like I have done with other monitoring and reporting. So, I give you SCOMSummary.ps1
Over the past week I have been setting up a new Exchange 2010 environment, which has enabled me to revisit my ExchangeInfo script. I was happy to see most of the functionality worked without much tweaking, however the shift to DAGs has made the replica status reporting a bit more difficult. And when the environment I have is a single Exchange server, it is practically impossible.
I've just uploaded version 2.6.0 of my ExchangeInfo script.
Over the past day or so I have been working on another new project- Gathering information from our Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES). This also marks my first venture into writing a Powershell module to combine the various functions. And with that i've also started marking it up with the required information for the Get-Help cmdlet to hopefully make it easier to use.
I have just uploaded a new version of the ExchangeInfo Powershell script.
Just before Christmas, the CEO of the company came up to me and asked for some basic stats on email traffic. At the time I was able to provide some detail from our email filtering software, and some very basic stats from the Exchange Message Tracking Log through Powershell. At the time it did the job, but I have since picked up the task again to add to my Exchange Information script (which is what it will become once it is no longer just Mailbox Stats).